Saturday 12 January 2008

Happy New Year!!!

....to you all, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and you re looking forward to a better New Year! I have to apologise for my long absence but unfortunately my laptop decided to go to laptop heaven half way through december and I had to wait for Santa to hopefully bring me a replacement, and bless him he did just that!!! ( Thank you Santa!) but by then it was time to fly back home to Romania, as Luca got Christened on the 30 of dec. We had a lovely time while away, however we are now back, and managed to get straight away into our normal routine like we never had a break. Oh well I ll just have to plan the next one. I have just two cards for you today as obviously didn t craft much since my last post. First card is a Christmas card, because I have decided that I m gonna make all my cards for next Christmas now, and then starting august I could do some at my leisure to be used for the next year and this way i might actually get in fornt a bit and won t be having to spend many nights churning out the little blighters two days before the event!!!. This would be a very quick card to make, the beautiful stamp is by Penny Black and was watercoloured and then cut away and mounted on 3d foam dots. Cuttlebug embossing folder( three quarters of the way only) some ribbon(I ve used narrow grosgrain) and stamped my own sentiment using a Her Arts little alpha set. Now the buildings look odd this is because I ve added some stickles to the image and didn t wait for them to dry... wich as you can see lokks absolutely pants..boo it really bugs me.


My next card is not a new concept I ve cased myself for once, this was done for a comission for a lady that was retiring this Christmas, and because I was so strapped for time I ve decided to use a card I ve made in the past for speed.

I ve used the cherry branch again as I just love this image, the background papers are by Dovecraft, sentiment from a set by Woodware, used the CBEF to emboss a section of the purple mat and used my SU paper piercing set to add a row of stiching top and bottom of the image. Note the little embelishment bottom right...part of one earing a beautiful faceted crystal that was just the right thing for my card!!! Love those finds. Made another pin wich I ve safely secured to the ribbon by adding a drop of diamond glaze to the tip ensuring there will be no accidents.


Made a presentation box for it as well


Used some BG die cut letter for adding the name(finally Ive found a way of using them!!) CBEM again and some flowers secured with a PM pearl brad. It looked really nice and I just hope the lady liked it!!!

Well I ve not made any new year resolutions(I never do cos I m rubbish at keeping them) but I have made a decision to sign up as a SU demonstrator. So should you wish to book a workshop I am on the border of Nort and East Yorkshire( and I m willing to travel a hour) please drop me a line and we can arrange something. I m aprehensive but I m really looking forward as I just love their products... LOTS!!

I ll hopefully be a bit more regular this year thank you all who come and make the effort to leave comments I do apreciate them. See ya later

Shop Stampin' Up!

5 comments :

  1. Happy New Year Monica, Glad you are back to sharing your wonderful creations with us all again. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Monica and that box is devine!!
    Great thinking about getting ahead on the xmas cards too *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards as ever, loving the box, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh lovely card and that colour is just gorgeous.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card ! Love all the cards I have seen on your blog ! I have added you to my blog roll , sure wish you had a link so I could subscribe to your blog to get notified when you update . Love your blog !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx