Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Samples...

Hello to you all, last week I have received an email form a lovely lady asking me if I would design some wedding invites samples for her using StampinUp products. The brief was clean and elegant without anything *gushy*, frilly or frivolous. Now I was quite nervous , I think is very hard when you design for other people and in fact I don't expect her to choose any of them as THE final design , but what I hope I achieved is something close to the brief and I hope that from here she can take some inspiration and add or take away elements to suit their taste. Another thing when designing invites you have to consider is time, as we all know card making is not fast and when you have lots of them to do it can become a nightmare, again I have done 3 different style some more involved than others time wise but I think your invites are very important is the first glimpse your guests get of your day before the event to come .




The couple share a love for the outdoors so this sample in earthy tones is very elegant. My favorite too. Chocolate Chip Old Olive and the Baroque Motifs stamp set embossed in white powder. Baroque Motifs again, simple stamping on this one, the easiest to reproduce time wise, Bashful Blue Chocolate Chip, and taffeta Choc Chip ribbon.My final one is a close design to the invites I have designed for my nieces wedding 4 years ago. Mr and Mrs stamp set in Elegant Eggplant and stamped in Lavender Lace, some tiny crystals for extra sparkle and Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon to keep it all in place.
What do you think? I would like to hear which one is your favorite if you have time to leave me comment. Hugs to you alll Monica xxxx
Shop Stampin' Up!