Saturday 11 July 2009

Birthday Passionette !!!

I HAVE SCHEDULED THIS POST BEFORE i LEFT FOR MY WEEKEND AND IT DIDN'T WORK, SO APOLOGIES TARA THIS IS SO LATE!!! M xxx

YAY!! Is sweet Tara's birthday today!!!!
You know I'm having fun and games at our first SWUS Retreat but I have scheduled this post before I left . Here is the card I have made for Tara


Her favourite colour is lilac, and I have to say I still struggle with this colour. I can only think to pair it with Green and it took all I had to steer away from that. But I am pleased with how it turned up in the end, even thought it took me ages to decide. Sorry about the bad angle I was trying to get it photographed in my lunch hour on Thursday before I have sent it, so I have rushed and only took a few shots unfortunately none were very good. The colours used here are Lavender Lace and So saffron. The lavender lace layer was stamped with the Baroque Motifs and the edges were sponged with Orchid Opulence. Martha Stewart fancy punch and the flowers are from the stamp set Happiness Always (level 3 hostess). Tara HAPPY BIRTHDAY my love, I hope you like your card and I hope you will have a super day. Hugs M xxx
Shop Stampin' Up!

5 comments :

  1. Beautiful card Monica. I struggle with the purples as well. Love the So Saffron with the Lavender Lace. Will have to try this combo.
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Monica, I love this colour combination. I am going to try it tonight :D This has to be in my top 10 of Monica's fab stash of cards.

    Thanks too for your kind words at my place, They are always welcomed and make me smile ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks even better in real life... thanks Monica, you never fail to amaze! And yes, I had an amazing time on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW: Love the card Monica :) I don't often use purple, but this is lovely teamed up with So Saffron.

    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card Monica, love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx