Wednesday, 19 August 2009

BIG Anniversaries

hello how are you? I was asked recently to make a Diamond Anniversary card, and it got me thinking. The couple celebrating this wonderful milestone have been married for 60 YEARS!!!!!!!!Common think about it 60 years!!!! WOW how must that feel? Do the wife stops nagging about the toilet seat business or the socks abandoned by the side of the bed, do the man gets better at finding where pots live in the cupboard?( mine can expertly run 400 million pounds projects but still can't find where our few pots and pans live, even if they ve been there from day one). I somehow doubt that very much, but is heart warming to think what those two individuals have witnessed together in all those years. And I was glad to have contributed to their celebration even though I don't know then, I feel good thinking that they will look at the beautiful card I created for them, and yeah I am throwing modesty to the winds because I love how this card ended up.




Used the wonderful A Rose is a Rose stamp set, and a subtle colour combination. I didn't want to go the white, silver and diamonds route, instead I opted for soft Blush Blossom with a hint of Certainly Celery. Lots of dazzling diamonds a vellum embossed layer and some tiny crystals. The sentiment was embossed in silver and the chipboard numbers came form my scrapbooking stash

I also had to make 20 Christening invites last week and I choose to make those cute babies, inspired by this one here.


Simple design as parents had a budget and wanted to stick with it, and they were fairly simple to make but my hands were really sore after cutting away the sides with the craft knife. Pretty in Pink card stock, the wonderful card stock vellum for SU ( if you've not tried this yet YOU MUST!!!) was embossed with a cuttlebug folder, and some satin ribbon from my cake making stash finished off the design. Here s a view of the inside. The colour of the printed card was a better pink match in real life it looks red on here. OK I hope you like my offerings today, take care and I will see you tomorrow. Big hugs Monica xx
Shop Stampin' Up!