Wednesday 29 December 2010

Birthday Passionette......once more this month

Hello there.. How are you? well I hope.  Did you have a lovely Christmas? I did scheduled a blog post to go live on the 25 wishing you all a Happy Christmas but unfortunately Blogger wasn't my friend and it didn't work.
We returned yesterday from a wonderful trip to Germany celebrating a white Chrsitmas with family and friends. It was lovely although I was extremely poorly the whole time and I am still not right now. I tell you how bad I was, I managed to loose 1 1/2lbs in weight!!! I must be the only person in the land not to have put weight on at Christmas!! and that bothers me as Christmas is the only time we are allowed to indulge a bit.
Anyway back to business today is a very special day, one of my lovely Passionettes Lindsey, celebrates her Happy Birthday. Is a milestone birthday and I am sure she celebrated in style (I only wish I could have joined her yesterday).
Lindsey's favourite colours are
Chocolate, Olive and turquoise. Here's what I come up with
I had a play with the Broad Sheet Alpha again I really like this alpha a lot, perfect for all sorts of titles and messages like the one on this card.
The Birthday word belongs to a stamp from the Perfect Punches set (see it used fully on a card in the previous post).  Here I have used a chocolate chip marker to pick up only the word I needed, our markers are perfect for omitting unwanted parts from a stamp.
The letters in GIRL were individually inked in various colours and stamped randomly, I wanted a playful feel to the title to match the font of the alpha,  every letter in this set has a slightly different height or size.
I added the wording to a strip of tempting turquoise card edged with the eyelet border punch. Also topped everything with a dimensional chocolate bloom and some stripy ribbon behind and I was done.
The wonderful dotty paper in Old Olive comes from the Brights designer paper stack.
 My sweet Linz I hope you had the BEST Birthday ever and I hope you liked your card.
I also wanted to share with you the ornament I bought for all my 1st level this Christmas. Each year I buy them a different ornament and this is 2010

A very glittery affair once again, I did fell in love with those sweet birds. And the cards I sent my team
 Crumb Cake 10cmx10cm bases stamped with the Music Notes wheel, Cherry cobbler Old Olive and Espresso ink. One stamped espresso wreath from the Welcome Christmas set , 3cherry cobbler punched and   scrunched up flowers topped with a tiny pearl,  the sentiment from the Gifted set stamped on half of modern label punch out and one little bow from an old olive narrow grosgrain.
I also added a hand made tag to the ornaments.
Matching colours and the Gifted set. I am actually still making tags and some toppers ready for next year, I needed lots of tags and I was struggling to get them done in time so I am not getting caught again next year.
Thank you for joining me till next time HUGS xxx
Shop Stampin' Up!

3 comments :

  1. Oh my lots of gorgeousness Monica, you never disappoint!

    Do hope you feel better soon, I am feeling rather out of it myself and feeling ever so sorry for meself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work....so glad I found your blog, through your you tube videos:0) {Bow tying} Your work is truly inspirational...TFS
    }}}HUGS{{{,
    Sheri G

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx