Sunday 1 May 2011

Just for men

Helloooo, I trust you are well while reading this. Been busy relaxing over the last few days and I went a bit quiet, but here I am today with a man card!!  Before I go onto it though I need to ask what did you think of the wedding? I started the day early with a leisurely champagne breakfast and didn’t move from the TV till much,much later in the day. And  OMG didn’t Katherine looked absolutely stunning? What an amazing show and how happy did they both looked? I cried several times during the ceremony especially when they sang the national anthem( I know soppy that I am), giggled when cheeky Harry had a peek and fed it back to his brother, William whispering to Kate the words that every bride wants to hear on her day “You Look Beautiful” (and she really did) I thoroughly enjoyed it all. I feel they will be very happy together and I wish them well.

Ok back to my man card. I know it almost sounds like is a big thing because let’s face it most of us seem to shy away from making those cards. Is not that they are hard they simply do not offer you the same freedom in terms of creative touches, they cannot have ribbon on, cannot have bling etc. etc in a word there just isn’t enough fun to be had by a enthusiast crafter creating those cards.

Bottom line is we will all need them at some point and I have recently made this one.

sail away

Summer is nearly here and this individual stamp is the perfect answer to masculine birthdays throughout the summer months.

I chose a colour pallet of Soft Suede and More Mustard that is the perfect backdrop for my watercoloured scene.

sail away close  up

I use our wonder crayons and watercolour paper and managed to finish my masterpiece in less than 1 minute.

I am not kidding you, is hard to believe how easy it is to do, I mean I know is hardly a hard task for there’s not that much to colour but still one minute in my book is fast.

I used Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point crayons for the sea and More Mustard and a touch of Ridinghood Red for the sunset.

The main image was stamped in black Staz On and then I simply took the crayons added the dry colour to my scene both lighter and darker shades one on top of the other and then with the aquapainter I have blended everything effortlessly.

sail away close_

The last thing I did and I hope you can see it in this last close up above was to add some white staz on ink to the sails, I used the refill bottle to add a bit to a flat surface then picked it up with my aquabrush and laid it on my image. In real life it looks very effective and stands out quite a bit which is fun.

I added a bit of contrast with an Early Espresso button and a few Early Espresso card stock circles and tied some linen tread. The sentiment is from the new hostess set in the mini catalogue  Something to Celebrate.

i hope you enjoyed my offering today look forward seeing you very soon.

Till then BIG SQUISHY HUGS xxx

Shop Stampin' Up!

9 comments :

  1. Fabby card Monica! Perfect loving the colours. I agree the wedding was fabulous.

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "man" card. Love everything about it. And yes, wasn't the wedding beautiful? I've watched it so many times, seems I keep missing something.
    TFS your lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica, Your card is so perfect. I love the shading and the finishing touches - the circles down the side look great!
    I agree - I thoroughly enjoyed the Royal wedding. Kate looked beautiful in that dress and I always love hearing the National Anthem! After all, that was ours too for many years of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DianetheLibrarian2 May 2011 at 02:00

    Love the card--thank you for showing a great card with a color scheme I wouldn't have thought of!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card Monica. Thanks for explaining how you coloured it. And yes the weddding was absolutely spectacular. Kate looked absolutely stunning as did the whole of London!! Cheers Donna Zammit Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi monica
    I to enjoyed the Wedding and shed a few tears ...i am also a bit soppy......we are two of a kind... Lol....
    Back to the card Stunning as usual...lovely ...Must get this stamp as my Roy Is on a sailing Race at the moment so would be great....
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply stunning!! You found an excellent way to add "extras" with the linen thread, buttons and circle punches that make this a simple yet complex card. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really lovely! So many men's cards just look a bit... try hard. But this is super classy =) Love the string and button x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card made me love that set even more. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx