Thursday 3 November 2011

Is November..

and I haven’t posted on here since October. Seriously it has gone mad around here !! Lots of crafting happening but no much I can show you right now as is for our Convention in Paris 2 weeks today.
But I do have 2 of the cards we made at our Christmas club last Sunday to show you. Christmas club was such a fun day we had quite a few new faces and I made ginormous Choux Buns filled with yummy crème patisserie with my much loved Thermomix.
Here’s one of the cards
tree
I have found a similar card on Splitcoast and drew my inspiration for it however I cannot find it now to give the artist credit. It was made with the pennant punch and the doily triple layer punch. The *tree* was a piece of garden green card stock embossed with the Big shot and the polka dot embossing folder. The background was stamped with the Serene Snowflake stamp and Pool Party ink. a bit of whisper white and crumb cake for the sentiment finish off this minimalist card.
And the second one was this beauty all my own design this time and everyone’s favourite
class
Yummy combo I am in love with it, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso and a hint of crumb cake. The bauble from the gorgeous Tags till Christmas and the sentiment from Delightful Dozen stamp set. Cherry cobbler seam binding and the ribbon punch add the right amount of interest for a simple but very effective card.
So is November and before we know it it will be December, for my the month of Nov just goes somewhere and before I know what s happening I am planning for Christmas yiikes.
And as I started  thinking gifts I decided that this year I will make all my gifts and not buy any. Last week when Laura and Luca were here we visited this gorgeous farm shop and found some quinces, they are in season right now. The smell of fresh quinces brought back memories for both of us as we used to love quince jam and paste every year from mum’s larder. I bought them of course and made some quince paste the very next day, it turned out sooooo yummy.

.elclose This is the best thing in the whole wide world to have with a cheese board  and once you try it nothing else will come near. Is beautiful with sheep milk cheeses but it will go with any cheese board. What’s even better that it keeps indefinitely in the fridge.
So I now have some really nice additions for a few gourmet hampers this Christmas, all I need to find is some lovely packaging. And here they are in some glassine bags waiting  to be decorated a bit, I have plans and I will share.
pastequince_ Quince paste takes up to 7 hours to make the traditional method but it only took 1.30h  in the Thermomix, and during that time I watched Downtown Abbey Winking smile.
Right I will see you tomorrow with a birthday card. Till then big hugs xxx
Shop Stampin' Up!

8 comments :

  1. Very pretty cards. Er what are Quinces?

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Monica ... your cards are soooo lovely as always! But look at the gorgeous quince paste! Have you got the recipe please? Just returned from our hols in the Canaries and my hubby just loved the quince paste with cheese! I haven't got a Thermomix (whatever that is) so will have to make the old fashione way. Thanks a lot! Luv -x- Linda -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piękne karteczki, ale zaciekawiła mnie ta galaretka czy co to jest z pigwy wykonana w Termomixie. Ponieważ mam i pigwę właściwie pigwowca i Termomix - czy mogłabym poprosić o szczegóły tego smakołyku, do czego go stosujesz - poproszę o przepis :)
    Pozdrawiam asia3city

    ReplyDelete
  4. A truly elegant card Monica I love it and the quince paste looks yummy.
    Love
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an elegant card Monica, I love it and the quince paste looks yummy.
    Love
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of the cards - but especially the red one with the ornament from Tags til Christmas. I have made a bunch of them - I used Riding Hood Red cardstock and Chocolate Chip ink. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Monica I have a quince in my garden and my mum also as a huge quince bush.I have never tried it,the quince fruit always goes to waste.the next time it fruits I will think of you and get in touch .Were only in Barnsley.I love your blog and very much admire your work.
    kindest regards lyn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx