Saturday 8 September 2012

Golden Anniversary

Hello everyone I am blogging from my phone on route to a 60 th surprise birthday party. I have been about all day long and forgot to blog.
I am sharing a card I made for my sweet friend Carol and her husband Ken. A few weeks ago they celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Now even typing that gives me goosebumps I think it's such a fabulous achievement. It was a great day and I loved meeting the lovely guests attending, including one of their bridesmaides :)
I loved looking through their wedding album and family history tree, Ken and Carol are both passionate about ancestry. But the best thing about it was the cakes and sweet treats, delicious and all handmade by Carol and her daughter. And here's the card I made for them




I settled on a twisted easel card and used our fabulous gold card as a base. The lace border punch was used to make a bit of lace out of cardstock,( I will miss this punch it is on the retirement list if you fancy it).
The panel was made using the framelits and very vanilla cardstock.



I used the flourish stamp from the
stamp set Creative Elements and embossed it in gold powder. The 50 was cut from the alphabet sizzlets now retired. A double bow in very vanilla was topped with a faceted clear button an item I received as a gift in Vienna and available soon 'wink'.
Thank you for stopping by I hope you liked today's pretty have a great weekend, till next time big hugs xx
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Shop Stampin' Up!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx