Sunday 21 December 2014

It's Red and Green...

Hello there,
THANK YOU so much for your wonderful welcome back comments, so glad to hear you are still hanging around :)
My blog title is very fitting at this time of the year isn't it? nothing says Christmas more than red and green. And almost all of the cards I made this coming Christmas we using these traditional colours.. note I said almost :)
Here's a few of them
  1.   
    I have made tons of these as they are so easy, these cards were part of a gift ensemble I designed for my PaperieTreat. Yummy kraft card bases with a combo of Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler and Gold. 
    Another version using the same set, Wondrous Wreath which I taught at one of my Card Clubs..
    And even the gorgeous White Christmas set was presented in the traditional colours.
    I am sad I didn't have the time to shoot a video tutorial of this easy peasy window I cooked up but it is my mission to make a spring version so I can still share the method with you... keep watching here :) it might happen before Christmas 2015 :)

    Even my gift service goodies were wrapped with red and green touches. This was the last set collected this morning, if you are still looking for a quick stocking filler for that crafty person I offer gift vouchers in £5 denominations and you still have a few days to order these from myself. 


    I love that little Santa gift holder made with the Gift bow die, so cute !!!  I need to mention that the original version was designed by one of my team members, a very talented and beautiful demonstrator called Claire Dean :), I get lots of comments on him whenever I display him at my events.
    And guess what? I even added touches or red and green to my Christmas decor this year :). Now I need to mention something I have lost count of the amount of people that asked me to post my holiday decor again this year, which is so funny to me but not surprising I LOVE looking at other peoples houses decorated. So if I get some time to drag my camera around the house these next few days I will post a mini tour but if not I will share it in between Christmas and New Year while we take a bit of time off :) 
    But here's a snippet for you, only iPhone pics I m afraid but I am sure you'll get an idea. We have a little porch in this new place we bought and a porch is something I never though I needed but it turns out I love it and I think every house should be built with one, keeps the dirt off from the hallway and keeps all the smelly shoes out of the house :)
    Come in .....

    I dislike our front door with a passion (we have a lot of work ahead of us) and I covered as much of it as I could with some greenery and a pair of vintage ice skates instead of a traditional wreath. I replaced the original white laces with some tartan ribbon and called it done ( two minutes job). Is one of our favourite things they year :)
    I stuffed half of a tree in there ( I will tell you the story of the half tree another day) and decked it in reds, greens, golds and browns. It makes me happy every time I open the door. 
    And then just because MORE IS definitely MORE at Christmas time I stuck a wreath on the inside of the porch door :)

    Yes the Many Merry Stars kit was turned into a majestic wreath (I saw it first on Erica Cerwin's blog, thanks for sharing Erica). It looks so beautiful IRL and I made it with lots of my customers this year. I loved this kit and it is still available if you would like to make one for yourself. It will last you years you can BUY IT HERE .
    Ok back to work I go still a few things to get sorted, I hope you enjoyed this bumper post :) Thank you for stopping, have fun preparing the last little details :)
    Till next time xoxoxoxoxo
    Monica 



Shop Stampin' Up!

5 comments :

  1. Lovely cards Monica, glad to see you back and firing on all cylinders xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your porch too Monica, have a wonderful Christmas in your new home.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fun card, tags and the stars on the wreath are great too.
    Have a Merry Christmas!
    Tammie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and yours Monica. The porch looks lovely. I adore the ice skates. I wish you'd come and decorate my house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are wonderful, as always! And the sneak peek of your house is amazing! Please send me your front door when you replace it! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx