Wednesday 9 August 2017

Stamp To Share Blog Hop - Coffee Cafe from Stampin Up !

Hello, and welcome to another Blog Hop by the Fabulous Stamp to Share International Team <3 nbsp="" p="">This month we are playing with the yummy Coffee Cafe Suite from Stampin'Up! and I am pretty sure if you haven't bought this set yet, by the end of this hop you will. Its a fabulously versatile  bundle and the samples by the team are to die for.
This month was a little different for me, in that a few of the members shared their gorgeous samples on our Facebook group ahead of time, and all this did was making me want to create hot pink drinks LOL

So I pushed past the Mojitos and Strawberry Daiquries and went Hot Chocolate instead LOL




Oh yum, look at that caramelised whipped cream !! LOL I can explain, I stamped the cream topping in crumb cake on white card stock which looked really good, the taupe added a bit of shading defining the swirls which I am sure was the designers intention.  I then added some Texture Paste for a bit of extra oomph, sprinkled with some dazzling diamonds for some even more oomph then after it all dried (didn't take long) I decided to emphasise the shading with some extra crumb cake around the edges for you guessed it... Even more oomph, and that's when it all went wrong. My whipped cream turned into a toasted marshmallow whip, not exactly what you want on a hot chocolate but still, it  looked good enough to eat so I left it alone. 


Sorry what was that?? This set doesn't have a cup with a handle on?? Oh you are right, it doesn't  ... I added a handle by using the Large Letters framelits dies would you believe it ?? It was the letter *C * but there's others that would work as well.

I mounted this on a piece of whisper white that was sponged with a bit of Soft Sky ink, well it seems like everyone's doing it lately and it looks so good so I jumped on it :)


The cup and handle was cut from the Be Merry Designer Paper a strip of the Wood Textures Designer Paper was laid at the base, a strip of lacy trim was punched out from whisper white with the Decorative Ribbon border punch and the cutest Smoky Slate gingham ribbon I have seen in a while, brought that homely feel to it al. The sentiment is from a new set, available on 1st of September and its just AMAZING. You will have to wait a little of course unless you decide to join as a demo then you can see it straight away :)<3 are="" from="" layers.="" nbsp="" p="" seasonal="" snowflakes="" the="">

My next project is something a little more seasonally appropriate :)


I used the coffee sleeve to create a little textured tub and popped in a few globes of ice cream :) 


I simply punched a few circles of yardstick in Blushing Bride, So Saffron and Pool Party. I used the 1 1/4" circle punch


I used the gorgeously sparkly Iridescent Sequins as sprinkles and if you are wondering what the brown stick is, well if you're in the Uk you get a chocolate flake with your icecream , its just as the name describes a flakey chocolate stick that melts in your mouth, gorgeously yummy.

I hope you enjoyed my projects and Thank You so much for joining us today,  now hop over to the lovely Amy Koenders to see what she has in store for you :)




 MonicaGale-UK -(you are here)
 Amy Koenders - USA
 Rochelle Block - Australia
 Sandi MacIver - Canada
 Paula Dobson - New Zealand
 Caroline Van der Straaten - Netherlands 
 BarbaraBecker-Austria
 Nadine Koeller - Germany



Shop Stampin' Up!

10 comments :

  1. I absolutely love your Christmas card! The colors are perfect any so cool how you converted it to a mug. Your little bowl of ice cream is really cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you went with pink! We did rub off on you after all lol. Bt your first card is my favourite! What a great idea for a Christmas card with that set. Love it and sooooo clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! That's genius! I love the hot chocolate card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards Monica! Just amazing!!!! Your hot chocolate cup is gorgeous. So clever to use the 'c' for the handle! And your little bowl of ice cream is the cutest!!! Love, Love, Love. Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects are so wonderful, Monica :) ! Your christmas card is awesome, love the colors and the wonderful winter cup. Your second card with the little bowl of ice cream is amazing, too. I'm would like to eat some ice cream, now :) ! Thanks for your ideas,

    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Monica - the cream on top of your Hot Chocolate definitely works for me x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! Who would've thought to use the letter framelits?!! You, obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, now I want a hot chocolate and an ice cream bowl....I loved your description of how you created the mug, ingenious on the handle, and I thought the cream on top looked very lifelike.....your cards always amaze me!..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I love it!!!! Where are the snowflakes from?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx