Saturday 26 July 2008

What time is it?.....

Is GOGO time !!! Oh dear I ve been so wrapped up lately I completely forgot to show you what I did with my June Gogo kit. I LOVED this one. Papers are from the Robotics range from Sassafras Lass, yummy.

I found this double walled drinking cup in one of my local shops and I instantly thought about using it with those fabby papers. I ve simply opened the cup and placed a piece of patterned paper inside. Added some stickers to the outside and if you cover those with a layer of diamond glaze they become washable ( hand washable mind). Made a matching card as well, again using the stickers which were layered onto scraps of colored paper from my stash to match the colours, I ve used a chipboard ring from the kit, I ve coloured it using an ink pad and heat embossed with clear embossing powder on top. I ve used this to highlight the number 1. I have only one regret, the top star on the card was supposed to have a little orange bow, but this somehow came off and I only realised after all my projects were uploaded, boo hoo.My second card was made with a boy in mind, how cool is this? My favorite project from this batch so, so cute. Everything used even the stamps were included in the kit.
Even though this was such a boy inspired kit, there were plenty of extras in the kit to enable you to make female cards. This was a relatively simple to make thank you card, I loved all those chipboard shapes so picked two of them to use for this card. The scalloped circle was inked to match the buttons colour, I stamped the sentiment repeatedly, curving the stamp slightly on the block. Tiny strips of patterned paper and two of the glorious felt flowers was all it took to create this card. Love how clean and sharp this came out.This was my last offering, and although this kit was ideal for little boys but I wanted to try and make a card fit for any Big Boy out there. The buttons were included in the kit ( ready threaded and with the sticky attached) so I ve decided to emphasise them here by spacing them apart on two rows and weaving some black twine around them. I ve reused some of the chipboard to make the frame( this was the outside bit of the two corner pieces), I ve cut one of the stickers to fit inside the frame next to the sentiment, and voila a manly card in minutes. You got so much in this kit Lorraine and Janice really do work hard behind the scenes to put together those kits and it really shows as they are the best out there. If you re thinking about subscribing, I would say in a heart beat go and do it, you will not regret it for sure. Hugs Monica xxx
Shop Stampin' Up!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx