Tuesday 4 November 2008

Christmas gifts!!

There aren't that many gifts I buy for friends now a days, I find that I can always make them something inexpensive and something that means a lot more then a shop bought something. So today post is all about hand made gifts. I have stamped a candle and made a stunning bookmark using the gorgeous silver hodgepodge hardware from Stampin'Up!


I have stamped the Baroque Motifs swirls in black Staz on and the small flowers Old Olive I have also sponged some Old Olive at the bottom of the candle and I have added some green crystals to the centre of flowers. I have made a simple box from acetate and some black card stock and tied some wide grosgrain ribbon on the top lid. I know you are probably looking at that ribbon and think that I haven't took any notice of you if you asked me for a tutorial, bear with me I will shoot one soon I promise.

The next gift idea is a gorgeous bookmark, those were demonstrated at the SU convention in the States this year and I loved them at once after seeing them over at SCS. I have shoot a tutorial that is uploading to Youtube as I type this so hopefully I will have a link soon.

Stamps used are Pocket Silhouettes and Daily Flexible Phrases. Colours used Regal rose, Rose red and Old Olive for the main image and Bashful Blue for the grass in the background. Used the Rose Red double stitched ribbon for the bookmark itself. It will all become clear when you see the video. Till then take care Monica xxx

ooh nearly forgot I have managed to add another pin to my collection, I have just promoted to Silver 3, I am the first one to reach this title in the whole of Europe so I have to say a massive thanks to my FAB team ( Monica's Passionettes) and to each and every one my equally FAB customers, thank you so much for your continued support you all rock and I am a very lucky girlie!!! Hugs M xxxx

Shop Stampin' Up!

15 comments :

  1. Love the candle and the package you put it in even more!!! :)
    I agree that handmade gifts are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your promotion Monica, and the gifts look fab - looking forward to the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica well done again!!! How clever are you! World domination here we come! Beautiful stamp and bookmark as ever. I really am thrilled for you.
    félicitations,Glückwünsche,congratulazioni,felicitaciones,felicitaties,поздравлений,

    felicitări

    Jennie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your pin!

    Love the candle and the bookmark.

    Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly WELL DONE - I hope you know how proud of you I am :-)

    Secondly - I love the bookmark - I saw one like this on a blog and want to make some but have not stopped to work out how - now I shall just wait for your video as I know it will be really easy to follow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your promotion!!!
    Your goodies look excellent :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on your pin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Monica!
    I love the candle and the bookmark.Both are gorgeous.

    Cass xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monica many congratulations on your promotion and third pin, it wonderful to see recognition where it is due.

    The handmade gifts look brilliant.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gifts Monica - and congrats on you pin! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, monica just watched the bookmark video and it is fabulous! I Love it!

    A HUGE congrats on your promotion, i am so proud to be a passionette with you, you are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous stuff as usual. The candle is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous candle - just one more reason why I should get Baroque Motifs - no, I haven't got it yet!!

    Love the bookmark too - something very different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. can I just say I love your blog! :) this bookmark is so cute...what a fabulous gift idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Monica - you're a fab representative for SU !

    So proud of you xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx