Wednesday 3 June 2009

Birthday Passionette !!!

Helloooooo, how are you? Well after 5 days of nice and hot Summer days we are back to dull and chilly, got to love our english weather still the ironing is all done and I am so glad I am not the only one, Hanna confessed of ironing while catching a sun tan too. Yay, I am not that odd after all.



Today is Jo's Happy Birthday!! Jo is one of my newest Passionettes. She is such a funny and lovely, lovely girl and her favorite colour is dusky pink, ermm I had a bit of a challenge here as I didn't find a single piece of card/paper in dusky pink in my entire stash mountain . So I thought about it and then the light bulb moment came to me. Here s the card I made for Jo

In an effort to end up with a dusky pink colour I have added a layer of card stock vellum to my Pretty in pink card blank, and would you know it, *it worked !!!!* Is not perfect but is definitely dusky. Card stock vellum is fabulous to work with, and I know I talked about it on my blog before but honestly until you try the fabulous weight and quality of it you won't really appreciate why I'm banging on about it. Is also perfect for boxes and packaging (vellum packaging looks so stylish) because is heavier and behaves much better when heat embossed like I did here. The fresh cuts stamp image was embossed in white powder on the vellum and colour was added on the reverse using the markers, this is a wonderful technique that looks so effective. A simple layer of Choc Chip then a smaller one of Pretty in pink frame the main image and make it stand out. The sentiment was also embossed in white and small white pearls complete the soft feminine look. I just hope Jo will like it and if you're reading this Jo I hope you had a fabulous day my darling. Hugs xx



I thought I would also let you know about my next class on Sunday 14Th June at 2pm.

The Venue:

Wesley Place Comunity Centre, Snaith (behind the Methodist Church)

Cowick Road, Snaith, Goole, DN14 9JF

Click here for a map

The Projects

We will be making this hinged box with 5 decorated fresh cut notes. This is a longer class than normal expect 3-4 hours, nibbles and refreshments will be provided. The class costs £25.99 and included in this price is the following


One new and unmounted Fresh Cuts stamp set


10 meters of assorted grosgrain ribbon


5 fresh cut notes and envelopes


Brads and buttons


All the card stock and designer paper needed in order to construct the box and line the notes.


Printed sheet with step by step instructions and photos showing you how to complete the project.


No extra class fee as this is included in the price, as well as home baked goodies and refreshments .


Book early to avoid disappointment as places are limited, I already have 14 people signed up for this class so you will need to be quick as the maximum number is 20. Email me for more details at telemech01@aol.com and book before 7 Th June, this is the cut off date in order to give me enough time to order the supplies needed.

Don't live close enough to attend in person but you would still like the chance of making this beautiful box and take advantage on this fabulous deal? Well you still can, for an extra £2.00 towards postage charges you can have this kit sent to your home complete with instructions, email me for more details.

Hope you can make it would love to see you there, hugs Monica xxx

Shop Stampin' Up!

9 comments :

  1. Hi Monica!
    Your class looks great and I hope you have a FAB time making that cute project! tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica this is a gorgeous card. Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi... (I'm not looking.. honestly!) but if I did.. I know I'd love the card.. it would be absolutely beautiful!!!! (*wink*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is wonderful! a lot of work went into that! and well worthit for the result.

    Fantastic idea to show the class etc and offer posted class! (would it be ok to do that with the classes we had? send the instructions i meen) (as they are not my idea) let me know hun.

    Also still waiting for the flight details, I don't want to miss it! hubby has given me the money to pay for the flight getting really excited about convention it will soon be here yay!

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica, how lovely I think it's fab the way you use our favourite colours. The project + venue look great too, Lots of love Susan X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card as ever. I love the way you choose our fave colours. Great project + venue. Lots of love Susan XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also waiting to hear about convention but havn't booked a flight or hotel. Should I panic?? Love Susan XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Monica I wanted you to know I love your blog and I have an award for you on my blog please come and collect it

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx