Monday, 1 June 2009

SUMMER is well and truly here!!

Gordon Bennett we have summer!!! and I have been soaking every single ray gratefully those last few days. So much has been happening since I last blogged, caught up on lots of jobs all my baskets and tubs are planted and in situ ready to reward me with tons of colour, providing I keep watering and feeding them ( what a job that is).
It was my good friends Julie 40Th Birthday last Friday so on Saturday myself and another 2 friends of Julies have clubbed together and treat her to a day at a gorgeous and decadently decorated SPA, Oulton Hall. The plan was for us all to be there on the day but unfortunately the other two girlies couldn't make it so it was me and Jules. We had the most amazing treatments and the relaxation room was FAB, in fact the whole day was a very very pleasant one, an experience we will repeat for sure. Then out for a fabulous Italian meal on the Sat. night, truly a fabulous day and we ( me and hubs) always enjoy our friendly get togethers. Here s the card I have made for Julie



Soft Summer stamp set and a combo that looks like the Neapolitan ice cream. So Saffron, Pretty in pink, Certainly Celery and Choc chip. Used some nesties( not sure what labels they are) and a CB embossing folder out of all of them this is my absolute fave.


Yesterday another challenge was launched over at Stamp With Us, and this time is a sketch if you like sketches why don't you play along? Here s my sample


I took the sketch literally and I have used various scraps of coordinating designer paper and punched out various sizes circles, scrunched them up and secured them together with a brad. Is a fun card and I love how it turned out. Regal Rose card base and Old Olive card stock layer, Striped so saffron grosgrain ribbon, Spring Solitude stamp set. Why don't you pop over and check out what the other lovely DT members have come up with, there are some fabulous examples on the blog.


Normal service is resumed hopefully so i will see you again very soon. Hugs M xx


Oh by the way today I caught up on 2 weeks ironing while catching a sun tan at the same time.


Hee hee please tell me I am not the only one that does this. xxx
Shop Stampin' Up!