Thursday 19 November 2009

Monthly meeting..

Hello how are you? Is nearly midnight and I am blogging LOL, I am doing this safe in the knowledge that I have the day off tomorrow so a lie in will happen woohoo. I have had a full week with two workshops and worked every day as well so I will be glad of this little luxury. I have a bit of work planned for tomorrow but not that much and then the weekend is FREE. On Saturday two of my downlines are hosting a charity event for Children In Need so I will pop along to see them have a cuppa and make a few cards. I just love what the girls have prepared and I will be making both examples. Check Jo's blog for more details and if you ve got a spare few hours and live closely pop round I am sure the girls will love to see you and have a chat.
We had our monthly meeting last Tuesday 10th ( I know this is how behind I am with my blogging) and we had a fabulous time as always. I want to share the projects we did because they were all completely inspired/cased from the Convention weekend. The first project we made was this card
The stamp set is called New Year's Celebration and it was one of the stamp sets we got free, the other one was Circle Circus. I am so glad they did because I never had a good New Year set. I shall be sending all my neighbours New Year cards this next Year. Colour scheme is one that got me excited I love it. Basic Gray Bashful blue and a touch of black. Note the tiny clip? I love those
Next was our 3 d item and it was the box I demonstrated on stage at Convention. I was thrilled to be asked to do a demo on stage but I was sooo nervous lol.



Is the easiest treat box in the world and I promise you a video soon. I also showed how to make that beautiful bloom using our circle scallop punch. Colours used are Sage shadow, Regal rose and Basic Gray in the form of taffeta ribbon. Very cute and perfect to hang on your tree.
We always get to make a card a 3d item or something a bit more fancy and the third make and take is always a technique. I loved this month's one is the brayering and it was demonstrated twice on stage.


Gorgeous shades of plum, both Pale Plum and Perfect Plum inks were used and I cannot tell you how impressed I was trying this technique, it works every time and it looks so beautiful. We used the level 3 hostess set Garden Dream, fabulous set I just love it, I need to have a good play with it soon.. if only I could get some 3 hours extra in every day LOL.
Our next meeting is on the 8th of December if you would like to take part please email me for more details those training events are opened to all local demos and customers, they are fun and relaxed. We also swap cards and the theme for December is Valentine. Each card is then entered in the Best Of Show cometition and we all vote our favourite winner gets a prize and this month s winner was Michelle Wright with her beautiful Christmas card, love it Michelle well done.
The last thing I want to share before I go to bed is something really exciting I am taking part in my first ever Blog cruise **12 Blogs of Christmas**. Not even sure I know what is all about but we have a fabulous coordinator and we are all setting off on Saturday. I want you to make some time for blog hopping this weekend and check this ring out, I am sure the girls are going to knock your socks off with some gorgeous Christmas projects.

I only have one project ready, so guess what I will be doing tomorrow? Big hugs Monica xxx
Shop Stampin' Up!

3 comments :

  1. Hey Monica,
    These are really cute projects & I can't wait for the video....tfs!!!
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brayered card is gorgeous! Love the Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica,
    I love the New Year Card with the clinking glasses! Can't seem to be able to find those stamps though, who makes them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx