Monday 23 August 2010

Birthday Passionette..


Hello there how are you? I am finally back on track after returning from a well earned break in the sun (and oh yeah!! I had to try my Incentive Trip flip flops read about them here). We took a fabby week out and headed for the beautiful Cala D'Or in Mallorca. We holidayed with my sister's family and that meant I had a the pleasure of bonding even stronger with my delicious Luca, and now I am even more obsessed with him if that was at all possible LOL. Here he is in between being changed from his wet swimwear messing with hubby's sun hat, he is such a funny little guy.

The weather was perfect, the beach and surroundings were so very pretty, food was plentiful and yummy ( back on the diet AGAIN!!) so needless to say we all had a lovely and relaxing time.  This was our back yard for the week,
Two sister hotels are built either side of  this cove, soft sand, shallow warm water it was just perfect for little and big people, we shared memories that we will treasure forever.

Yesterday the sweet Vicky one of my dear Passionette celebrated her Birthday. Now I couldn't post about her card yesterday as I couldn't find my camera lead at all so here I am today.
Vicky is such a sweetie and such a  talented crafter, she also loves colour pink. I choose the Hot, Hot, Hot Melon Mambo as my choice.

And I chose a stamp set that hasn't seem an ink pad in a while. Fresh Cuts. The background was achieved by using a simple yet effective technique called smacking acetate then I stamped the main image in black over it.
I have stamped the main image once more in Old Olive cut some of the leaves out and popped on dimensionals for extra texture. The All A Flutter butterflies were coloured using markers.
Here's a close up of them
Such pretty colours, Melon Mambo with Black as a neutral and a few splashes of So Saffron, Old Olive, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery
Vicky I hope you had a wonderful day and you were spoilt rotten by yours. Hugs xx
Well thank you for joining me again, I will see you tomorrow with a fabby KIT BY MAIL, is time to think Christmas !!!!
Till then Big Hugs xxx
Shop Stampin' Up!

2 comments :

  1. Love it Monica, it's a while since I've used that set too! Glad you had a good holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Love the subtle border and the 3d butterflies. Susie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx