Wednesday 22 December 2010

From our house to....

... our neighbours and friends houses.
Hiya how are you doing today?
Well I do not know when or if I am ever going to be ready for Christmas , I am now at the stage of well and truly frazelled but onwards and upwards. I do need a break and I look forward to a few days off. I am so grateful that I do not need to cook or entertain this year, wooohooo chilaxing all the way for me if I make it that is LOL>
Now look at these
By last week I was in desperate need of quick and cute gift wrapping ideas and those boxes are the easiest thing in the world. Added bonus is that if you make them from 12x12 card they're not only cute but quite roomy. I literally made 12 of these in less than 2 hours. The wreaths come from the Welcome Christmas stamp set, and before you ask no I am not sick of using it, in fact I am sad I will have to put it away till next Christmas soon.
They ended up being so quick because of the wonderful self adhesive borders from the Christmas Jingle Scrapping Kit. Easy peasy decorating but very effective looking, I was rather pleased with them especially after dousing them in Shimmer Mist. Oh and did you spot something? my lovely red pearls? no SU don't sell red pearls yet I coloured mine using shimmer paint and real red re-inker. So easy to make, all you have to do is take a dauber and moist it with some Frost White shimmer paint then add a drop of re inker in your chosen colour and dab onto the pearls while they are stuck on their backing paper, easy and so lovely you can have pearls in every colour, yay!!!
Combo wise I threw caution to the winds and grabbed what was near to hand, I was rather desperate to get those out I'm telling you LOL!
First one from the left uses River Rock I used this colour a lot for my cards this year is lifts red and espresso like no other colour just fab, soft suede next and the one and only Crumb Cake. All the accents in real red, old olive, espresso or chocolate chip.
FREE ribbon which is gorgeous and it looks even better for being free and some clips to keep the tops closed.
Inside? A yummy treat of peanut clusters, milk chocolate covered peanuts very morish you need to eat the whole box in one sitting. I am so grateful for having such lovely neighbours and sweet friends and I am sure they will appreciate my little gifts.
Keep your chin up and hang in there not long to go now, the thought of lay ins and a few lazy days spent with family is what keeps me going right now.
Keep warm and till next time Hugs xx
Shop Stampin' Up!

12 comments :

  1. These are adorable! WHat lucky neighbors you have. :) Any houses for sale in your neighborhood? ;)

    I'm trying to think of reasons you don't have to put away your fave wreath stamp 'til next Christmas. Maybe you could doll it up with little flowers for a spring/Easter wreath?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Goodness Monica, these are just adorable. Love them. Have a great Christmas and a well earned rest.
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you dressed those boxes as houses!! They're so sweet! I'm sure your friends are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are totally gorgeous Monica.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous! Think I could be tempted to move house!!.....lol

    Enjoy your break ;)

    Big hugs,
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous boxes!! Love the red pearls idea. Might nick that one for my Christmas in July event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sooooo stinkin' cute! Merry Christmas to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You put us to shame Mon. Really lovely and love the use of the clip to keep the roof on. I assume they are 3" squares to match the 12" cardstock?

    LOVE the idea of colouring the pearls, am jumping out of bed (not literally) to have a go.

    PS the new look to the blog is great xx

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  9. You put us to shame Mon. Really lovely and love the use of the clip to keep the roof on.

    LOVE the idea of colouring the pearls, am jumping out of bed (not literally) to have a go.

    PS the new look to the blog is great xx

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  10. You put us to shame Mon. Really lovely and love the use of the clip to keep the roof on.

    LOVE the idea of colouring the pearls, am jumping out of bed (not literally) to have a go.

    PS the new look to the blog is great xx

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Boxes Monica - And is it my eye sight or do you have snow falling in your photographs ????

    Merry Christmas!
    from
    Dee
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I'm from Germany, and today i've seen your adorable houses. They are so cute. I've put your picture on may blog with your adress, i hope thats o.k.
    I like the look of your blog, its great, and i love your ideas.
    sorry my english ist't the best.
    hugs, Doris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx