Monday, 22 August 2011

Because I Care and a new colour for me

Hello there hope you had a great weekend!! I am sharing a card I have recently made for a dear friend who’s  undergone an operation on her shoulder. Carol adores the hydrangea head from the Because I care hostess stamp set and I knew I wanted to use that plus the sentiment was perfect too. I tried a new colour with this card as well Pacific Point. I am not a fan of blues and this strong blue wasn’t on my radar but I am converted, is funny that isn’t it? how you don’t think you would like something until you try it.

carol

 

I used the same stamp to stamp a background onto my A5 Pacific Point card base. I then cut a panel in Soft Suede measuring 8.5cm x 12cm. Next a slightly smaller panel in vanilla measuring 7cm x 11cm was inked using crumb cake and soft suede, the music notes wheel has been stamped all over very faintly.

I took the hydrangea image and stamped it in black then I coloured it using my markers. I used bashful blue, pacific point, tempting turquoise and baja breeze, for the leaves I have sued river rock and always artichoke. The sentiment was stamped in suede and punched out using the Large Oval punch. this has been sponged as well. I took some espresso satin ribbon and pleated it alongside the panel using a strip of sticky strip. And that is it simple to make but very striking. Here’s a close up for you to see the colouring closer, I used a white pen to add some highlights into the centre of the flower heads.

carol close

Here’s the supply list: All products Stampin’Up! unless otherwise stated.
PAPER: Pacific Point, Soft Suede and very vanilla card
INK: Basic Black , and  markers in bashful blue, pacific point, tempting turquoise, baja breeze, river rock and always artichoke
STAMPS: Because I care
TOOLS: Eyelet border punch,
ACCESSORIES:early espresso satin ribbon

Thank you so much for joining me, see you again soon. Till then hugs xxx

 

 

Shop Stampin' Up!