Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Beware Pirates -Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hmm men cards are never easy are they? And I almost dread getting asked to make a man’s card. But this time round I thought about making one without waiting to be put on the spot, I am not sure who this card will go to but I will keep it on hand till the right person comes along Winking smile. This is a set I have used very little so I pulled it out and set to work. I love the colours in this card my kind of colours .

pirates close-2

I started with a A5 Crumb Cake base, I stamped every single stamp onto it using crumb cake ink, You wont see a lot of the stamping once your layers are on. I cut a strip of Early espresso at 3cn x 10.4cm and added to my base.

Next I stamped the ship image from the Beware Pirates stamp set  onto a piece of Basic grey card measuring 8cm x 8cm. The image  was stamped in Versamark ink and embossed in white powder. Next tear a piece of Cajun craze card to go all around the grey layer, I cannot measure this as I did by eye, it doesn't need to be perfect. Stamp and ink to your heart’s content and add a tiny strip of More mustard card under the Cajun layer for extra added interest. Glue everything down making sure you add a generous helping of scrunching and curling of the edges.

pirates close

Stamp sentiment onto a strip of crumb cake and add to your card after you performed the above ageing techniques. A tiny strip of twill ribbon was inked and added to the card plus a espresso button. All done and I am pleased with it, although I won’t be making another one any time soon as I had ink all the way to my elbows but the time I finished with it Rolling on the floor laughing.

Here’s the supply list: All products Stampin’Up! unless otherwise stated.
PAPER: Early Espresso, More Mustard, Crumb cake and Cajun Craze
INK: Versamark, Crumb cake, Early espresso
STAMPS: Beware Pirates, Party this way
TOOLS: my fingernails Smile
ACCESSORIES: twill tape, button

Hope you like my inky attempt thank you for your support, till next time big Hugs xxx

 

 

 

Shop Stampin' Up!