Saturday 15 October 2011

Masculine the easy way..

Hello I hope the sun is shining where you are as well, is a beautiful day here today. We have been blessed with a lovely and warm autumn long may it continue.

I have a masculine card here for you today and I am pleased that it only took me about 15 minutes. Now that is unheard off normally I find it so hard to work masculine.

male hb

Loads of new catalogue products on here but I just carried away and I love using two or more sets to create a card that’s just perfect, after all that’s the perks of having a big stamp collection is it not? uhu I am desperately trying to justify my insane amount of spends in the new book.

Two sentiments sets were used to spell my celebratory message, For My Family  which is such a welcome addition to any stamp collection and Delightful Dozen containing beautiful messages covering a wide range of events.

In the background you can see a new embossing folder and the Well Worn designer paper which is just stunning and so perfect for masculine projects.

The main panel was coloured with the aid of Stampin’Up! s  marvellous markers. I used quite a few colours and I huffed over the entire image before stamping onto Very vanilla card stock.

birth close

a few buttons for extra interest and DENIM ribbon!!! oooh this looks fabaroonie on men’s card, gotta love that!!!

Supplies: all Stampin’Up! unless otherwise stated

PAPER: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso , Night of Navy, Very vanilla, Well Worn designer paper                                                                                                                    INK:Cajun craze,Night of Navy, River Rock, Early Espresso, Soft Suede Markers
STAMPS: For My family, Delightful Dozen
TOOLS: Big Shot, Square Lattice and Stripes embossing folders,                                                                                                                       ACCESSORIES: Denim Jean ribbon and neutral collection buttons.

Directions.

Cut a card blank from Cajun craze measuring 14cnx 14cm.

Cut a strip of Early espresso card at 5cm x12cm and a strip of designer paper at 4.5cm x 12cm and attach on top of the espresso strip.

Cut a piece of river rock card stock measuring 12cm x 7cm and run thought your big shot machine on the stripes embossing folder.

Glue both those layers to the card blank then cut another strip of espresso card 14cm x 5cm  and run this through the square lattice embossing folder. Wrap some denim jean ribbon around and attach over the join on the card.

Cut a piece of vanilla card 6cm x 9cm and a night of navy piece at 6.5cm x 9.5cm .

Using markers ink and stamp your message on the vanilla layer then use a dauber to ink some espresso ink on the edges, glue to the navy card and add to the card with  dimensionals. Thread some thin strips of card through the buttons and glue in place.

To make the fun banners at the bottom stamp the sentiment in navy onto vanilla card, Using your scissors cut thought the letters and add a flag like shape at the bottom. Attach under the ribbon with a strip of dimensionals and you’re done.

Have a glorious weekend , see you again soon Hugs xxx

 

Shop Stampin' Up!

2 comments :

  1. Great card! I always have such a time making cards for men. This one is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome!! LOVE the Banners! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx