Saturday 3 March 2012

Stampin’Up! Simply Stampin Guest Designer

Hello and welcome to my blog. Some time ago the girls at Simply Stampin Challenge blog have asked me if I was willing to be their first guest designer. I was willing alright and extremely flattered that they have asked me. Simply Stamping is a challenge blog and each week you can be part of the fun.  I love challenges but I am never able to take part as I am such a last minute dot com. Anyway enough waffling here’s what I came up with for this week’s challenge
I had to work from this sketch and as you will see soon that I pretty much kept to it
Sketch_17simply challenge
I liked this sketch so much I even designed a scrapbook page for our February Scrap Club around it, so thanks for the inspiration girls Smile.
I used the stamp set Aviary coupled with papers and accents from the Tickets and Tags scrapbooking kit, I love the colour combination in this kit, very sophisticated, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze and Basic Grey, there is a hint of Crumb Cake as well but I chose to work on a Sahara Sand card base here.
I have stamped the birdcages in basic grey ink and poppedsimply challenge close some birdies inside them, some were Poppy Parade birds and some were Baja Breeze birds. Lots of rhinestones and glitter brads provided sparkle and the fun banner set at different heights provides texture and adds interest to the card. The banner was so easy to create. The kit contains lots of self adhesive elements like the borders I have used here, so it was a case of snip the banners to size and adhere them to the card. I stuck some straight down and some I popped on dimensionals.
Hope you like my project and I hope the yummy sketch has inspired you to give this challenge a go, I will be using it again for sure and if you do decide to play along make sure you link your entry to the  Simply Stampin challenge blog so I can come and visit you and have a peek at your sketch interpretation. Thank you so much Kelly and Kirei for giving me the opportunity to participate, I enjoyed playing along.
All products Stampin’Up! unless otherwise stated
PAPER: Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze and Whisper White card stock, Tickets and Tags scrapbooking kit.
INK: Basic Gray, Poppy Parade, Baja Breeze
STAMPS: Aviary, Teeny Tiny Wishes                                                            TOOLS: Stamp a Ma Jig
ACCESSORIES: Rhinestones, glitter brads and Baja Breeze seam binding
Have a wonderful weekend see you again soon. Big crafty hugs to you all. xxx

Shop Stampin' Up!

15 comments :

  1. So gorgeous Monica, I love the little banner - fab.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just LOVE your card Monica and have put it into my case file. Unfortunately we haven't got that scrapbooking kit Down Under but wish we did - the papers look divine. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, this is gorgeous!! Kez, we DO have it in Australia! Love the colours, and how you've used the embellishments from the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were WOWed by your card Monica, thank you so much for being our first guest DT member!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were WOWed by your card Monica, thank you so much for being our first guest DT member!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Monica ! I never noticed this scrapbook set in the catalogue, it's so nice ! Love what you have done with it !
    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Utterly gorgeous Monica! how very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, you are such a clever lady Monica x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Monica! I have been a follower of your blog for some time now so really appreciate that you took time out from your busy schedule to be our first Guest Designer! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. Love your banner also. This is a great color combo. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, very cute - love it.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I knew you would blow our socks off Monica - this is fantabulous - what a gorgeous card!

    Thanks so much for being the Simply Stampin' challenge blog's first guest designer - and for ALWAYS being an inspiration! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx