Tuesday 2 April 2013

Sunday Post…

…didn’t publish !!!

Hello there I hope you had a fabulous Easter weekend. We had a great time spent with family and friends and the weekend culminated with celebrating my birthday yesterday and I was still smiling this morning :). 

I do want to take this opportunity to thank you all for your wonderful messages and thoughtful cards and gifts, I am truly blessed to have so many sweet friends.

On the flip site I scheduled a post to go live on my blog on Sunday and it didn’t, this means you will get a double dose of pretties today :)

I wanted to share on Sunday some very quick gifts I made for the little people attending our Easter get together.

easter packaging

They were very quick to make and nothing you haven’t seen before but they bought so much delight and this is what I love primarily about crafts, they allow you to turn something ordinary into something quite a bit different and sure to delight. The bunnies were simply stuffed into a medium treat bag and spruced up with some bright DSP.  A layer cut with the Window framelits was folded over the top, and a sweet seasonal decorations was made with a few punches and the Spring time Sampler stamp set.

easter packaging 1

And almost every parent will tell a child at some point that *Money doesn’t grow on trees* well it seems that around Easter they do grow ouT of scalloped grass :)

So my next project I am sharing is Issy’s birthday card. Sorry about the dodgy Ipad picture taken at night :(

Issy's HB

Issy’s nickname is Bee and she is literally Bee mad so you understand I couldn’t pass up the occasion. Nature Walk is one of my all time fave sets and it was such a pleasure using it again and of course the fact that it has a bee in it was the reason I chose it.

Issy's HB close

Here in the close up photo you can see the stamped bird cage with a bit of blue outline for depth. the bees were coloured with the baja breeze, marina mist, so saffron and daffodil delight markers then the black marker was used over the top to darken everything. The sentiment is from Bloomin with kindness. The designer paper is the ever useful Newsprint overstamped with the tall flowers from the set.

The colours used are Baja Breeze, So Saffron and Very Vanilla.

Thank you for your visit, I hope to see you again soon. Big hugs till next time :)

 

 

 

Shop Stampin' Up!

4 comments :

  1. Great projects Monica - love the bees.
    My best wishes to you for your birthday - so glad you had a good day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Easter treat & the card is beautiful, thanks for sharing!
    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Monica! Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. Love to see what you've been creating xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica - you made my day with this wonderful Easter treat idea! Can't wait to make something like this next year and thanks for sharing your talents with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx