Monday 8 April 2013

The cake and a class project

Hello there I hope you had a lovely weekend. How glad was I to see that my post published on time on Saturday? As you know I had the honour to make a wedding cake for Sarah a sweet demo friend of mine on Saturday and an even bigger honour was to be invited and share in their special day.  And the day was just perfect. Imagine  the sun up high and shinning, imagine a pretty special Church, one of the oldest in Europe, imagine it being by the sea, then imagine a beautiful couple with the biggest smiles on their faces proclaim their love for one another, like I said PERFECT :)

Look at the beautiful church

stp050210a

Sarah chose a beautiful cake and I only hope they were delighted with it. Here’s what it looked like

cake

I was IN LOVE with their colour scheme, Island Indigo and So Saffron or it might have been daffodil delight ?

And I tied some of the flowers in the bouquet and table decorations in the cake’s design.

close up cake

All these years of cake making and I am still amazed at how sugar can be manipulated to create life like flowers, all made from sugar :)

And here’s a photo that shows a glimpse of Sarah’s decorations, I hope she doesn’t mind me sharing these with you.

room   Everything was perfectly coordinated and the yellow was simply wonderful, the room had this energy because of it, really nice.

Ok and now for a paper project, I taught our monthly class yesterday and we played with Nature’s Walk stamp set.

Here’s one of the cards we made.

natures walk

Love this set and it was greatly enjoyed in the class as well:). The gorgeous papers are from the Print Poetry stack and the combo is, Certainly Celery, Primrose Petals and Very Vanilla. The ribbon however is Raspberry Ripple, I tend to always go for matchy and did plan to use the same kind of ribbon in Primrose Petals but when it came to it the raspberry added a much needed punch to the combo and it just looked better, I like a bit of unexpected in a project :)

Here’s the close up

natures walk close

We coloured the bird using daubers and our ink pads, a quick and effective way to do it. The flower trim provides extra texture along with the ribbon.

Thank you for bearing with my long post today and sorry for the late ness, things are hotting up round here with a Big team training this Sunday and the Retreat in 3 weeks time !!

See you again tomorrow with a second project, till then big hugs xx

 

Shop Stampin' Up!

10 comments :

  1. Oh Monica, the cake is gorgeous - you are so talented, and I don't know how you manage to get all these things done. Lovely card too - must get Natures walk out some time.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely wedding cake Monica , love the vibrant yellow, just what is needed this time of the year.
    Another great card as well, I just love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely wedding cake Monica , love the vibrant yellow, just what is needed this time of the year.
    Another great card as well, I just love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoua and whouaaaa, (yes twice!!!)
    nathalie from France :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Superb Cake..who's a clever girl then...it looks just gorgeous....

    Really loverrrllyy card...

    hugs...Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing cake, you are so talented x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing cake, you are so talented x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello
    Monica
    Fabulous cake... How clever you are .... Gorgeous......
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx
    Hope you are wellx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cake is absolutely stunning!! So is the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica, your work is truly amazing.....you certainly are very talented x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx