Thursday 2 May 2013

Sunday Retreat

Hello there I hope your week is going well. I survived my first day at the Manchester Creative Show only 2 days to go :). It wasn’t a terribly busy day today but we met some really lovely crafters that I am looking forward to catching up with soon.

However I now have time for a glass of sparkly wine and a little bit of blogging. I am sharing the projects we did on Sunday at the Retreat.

The first one on the day was a mini book made with my favourite papers Tea for Two. They are so very yummy

Stampin'Up! tea for two mini album

We made the book covers out of the chipboard used in the Crepe Filter Paper packs and we made pages out of the lovely crumb cake envelopes.

The book had a magnetic closure and a flower bloom made with the Tea for Two fabric collection. We attached the bloom to a Oval shape cut with the Oval Bigz die made from 16 layers all held together with a antique brad. flower

For the front we used a few stamped details using the postage due set and the ticket wheel.

Stampin'Up!album detail

The natural buttons are so lovely and make such a nice contrast with these papers. We used linen thread to attach the button to the lace piece and we punched one ticket out with the Ticket punch and one cut by hand.

We kept the pages quite simple

p1 p 2

p 3 p 4

p 5  p 6

We used strips of fabric and sweet clips to decorate the books further along with a few more natural buttons.

Righty, off I go to do some crafting on my hotel room floor. We have a Regional Training  next week and I have a lot of things to make and prepare. Before I go I want to thank you for your visit come back tomorrow and I will share the last project from our weekend. Speak soon hugs xxx

 

Shop Stampin' Up!

2 comments :

  1. I think this was my favourite project of the weekend - I keep picking it up and stroking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of my team amtes who came to your retreat they had a wonderful time. Hope to come to one in the not too distant future.Lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx