Wednesday 27 June 2018

Be Inspired Blog HOP

Hello everyone and thank you for joining me today.
I am Blog Hopping with some of my favourite global Stampin'Up! designers and I am excited about this round as our theme was set to, Be Inspired by.... fashion !!

Yiiikeees and Gosh what do I choose ??? were my words of choice as I've first heard about it. My first port of call? The Anthropologie's website. They never fail to inspire me and sure enough I found something that made me all giddy and be like... I can totally do that in a card !!

Here's my inspiration picture,

#botanicalbliss #stampinup


This gorgeous journal  not only inspired my card today it also made his way home to me along with a few gorgeous tops (oops). Once I had this starting picture the rest was easy..Here's what my project looks like


#stampinup, #botanicalbliss

The Foam brayers allowed me to achieve the gradient look and the inks used were Mango Melody, Lovely Lipstick and Merry Merlot.  Once my piece was sponged I splashed a few drops of water to add some extra interest and texture to the piece. Its a big deal in card making all this splashing but I have to say it adds fabulous effects to your stamped works of art, I really like it.



#stampinup #botanicalbliss


Then it was time for the gold "Hello" which comes from the Calligraphy Essentials Stamp set . This word is an outline and I used a blender pen and some Versamark reinker to fill in the outline and gold emboss for an all over look.


After tying some white bakers twine around I still felt it needed something more. I loved the gold edge on the spine of the journal so decided that some gold elements were needed. I cut out this lovely piece from the Botanical Bliss set of framelits , cute little birds on branches which I ended up cutting in to two pieces and dotted them around my. And I think they just finished off the job beautifully.

#botanicalbliss #stampinup


THANK YOU for your visit today, I am so glad you stayed around a little and I hope you like my inspired card, now please go and visit my colleague Maike.






Brian King



Product List


Mango Melody Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Lovely Lipstick Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Merry Merlot Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Botanical Bliss Clear-Mount Bundle
£38.50
Gold Foil Sheets
£3.75
Whisper White A4 Card Stock
£9.00
Shop Stampin' Up!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx