Sunday 10 May 2009

May Class and chocolate brownies!!

Hello, have you had a nice weekend? We had some sunshine here but unfortunately along with it we had a very chilly wind which meant you could no be outside and be comfortable. Yesterday I taught my monthly class and those were the projects we completed.Can you see that sun shining through? We made a posh bagalope and a matching card. We used the Scene in the garden stamp set for the new mini and the colour combo is Pretty in Pink, Always Artichoke and So Saffron. I even baked this time, a batch of yummy brownies that had a ribbon of vanilla soft cheese cream through them. They were yummy and very moist and of course incredibly easy to make.
Here is the recipe, the ladies asked for it on the day and I know some of you might want to try it, trust me they are delicious and very little effort needed.
The recipe says it will make 16 brownies but I was only able to get 12, I think 16 is a bit mean but probably that's the reason why I cannot get down to a size 10 no matter what LOL.
Ingredients:
200 gr. low fat soft cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (pay the extra for extract you will notice the difference)
2 eggs
250gr caster sugar (super fine sugar)
100 gr butter
3 tbs cocoa powder
100 gr self raising flour
50 gr pecans chopped ( I left mine out because I wasn't sure if any of the ladies had a nut allergy)
Lightly grease and line a 20 cm (8") square tray, beat the cream cheese along with the vanilla extract and 25 gr. of sugar until smooth ans set aside. Beat the eggs and the remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Place the butter and cocoa powder in a small pan and heat gently, stirring till butter melts and the mixture combines, then stir it into the egg mixture. Fold in the flour and nuts. Pour half the mixture into the baking tray and level the top, carefully spread the soft cheese over then pour the remaining brownie mixture over the top. Bake in a preheated oven 180 degrees for about 40-45 minutes, cool in the pan then turn over and cut into squares or rectangles in my case. Enjoy
I am also sharing a recent card I made for the Stamp With Us on line classes. It showcased the paper pleating technique.
I have used the same colour combination as above (purely by chance) with a bit of Chocolate Chip added in the shape of the grosgrain ribbon. Used the Blooming With Beauty stamp set and the sentiment comes from the level 1 hostess set Best yet. Thank you for still visiting me I know I have been a bit slack with this blog lately due to my busy, hectic schedule. Hugs Monica xxx
Shop Stampin' Up!

15 comments :

  1. Yummy Yum Yum Chocolate Brownies In My Tum!!
    Those Brownies look delicious - I'm definitely gonna have to try that recipe!
    The projects look pretty scrumptious too!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that colour combo, something I would never of come up with! I love your blog as you show such fab colour combos, something which I struggle with.
    Wish I lived near you, those brownies look gorgeous and I would love to take a class with you :0).......(espesh if you baked each time lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutley love the colour combination you have used on the the scrummy bag a lope & card - they are special.

    Thanks also for shring the recipe, they look devine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know how you manage to cram so much fabulous creating into your days Monica. A great post and those brownies look GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm very jealous for the brownies! the recipe is now copied and pasted into word lol so not only will I be completing your challenges but cakes as well! and I love the card too! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards.....love pink & yellow together! YUMMY brownies too....wish I could take a bite..LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects & gorgeous brownies Monica!

    When it comes to dessert - the bigger the portion the better - life's too short LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will defo lift the brownie recipe lol yummy

    I have missed the pleating will go have a look. Gosh you do that much I haven't time to create it all.

    The pleats remined me of our school uniform days, we had to wear a navy skirt but the fashion was box pleats for a while(my mum hated ironing it lol) so I did it in the end!

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh is there a bag-alope template some where? sure I have seen it.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The brownies look picture perfect as are your cards! Love the pleats and the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog and your ideas, they are really lovely,
    I have left a little something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chocolate is my weakness! It took much will power to read full post and let the brownies leave my screen.

    All your cards are gorgeous. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Monica your cards are wonderful, you never fail and your cakes look pretty wonderful too!!!

    Have a good week,

    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Monica, such beautiful creations, the brownies look so yummy. I am trying to be good at the moment, but I might just have to make some of these !!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Monica for sharing -- I love your work and try to visit your blog regularily!!!I am also going to try the brownies; however it will be an adjustment to us gr. rather than cups!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx