Thursday 21 July 2011

Strength and Hope sympathy

Hello there how is your week going? not long and is the weekend again and for us is good news as the weather is picking up which should be nice seeing as is Summer!!.

We had some sad news and another sympathy card was needed this week. The dad of our next door neighbour lost his battle with cancer the other day.

I do not like making these type of cards but I do not think anyone does but I made this card to send to his grieving wife.

sympathy I chose to use the charity Strength and Hope stamp set from Stampin’Up’s mini catalogue and my fave neutral Sahara Sand.

As for the layout I decided to have a few different elements grouped together, I didn’t planned it this way it happened as I was deciding, once again it took far longer than I wanted it to take, simple designs are far harder to get right I think.

sympathy close_

The butterfly and the circle HOPE medallion have been raised on 3d dimensionals and the sentiment was stamped in black . A few rhinestones were added and some organza ribbon.

Here’s the recipe:

Paper: Sahara Sand and Whisper White card

Stamps: Strength and Hope, Hopeful Thoughts

Ink: Sahara Sand, Basic Black

Tools: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, 1 1/4”circle punch, 1 3/8” circle punch

Accessories: Organza ribbon, rhinestones

Right I better go and get the tea ready, thank you for stopping by till next time Big Hugsxx

ps. Don’t forget about my marker share, read all about it HERE.

markers

 

 

 

Shop Stampin' Up!

5 comments :

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss. Stunning card you have made. Perfect!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Perfect!
    Greetings fron Helga

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx