Monday 6 May 2013

Last Retreat Project

Hello there are you enjoying the fabulous weather? Oh my goodness, I even had my bikini on for the first time this year :) and even my toe nails got a bit of attention. As you know I was exhibiting at the Manchester Show this last week  then decided to take a little break with my lovely. It is great to spend a bit of time just doing nothing after a hectic few weeks :)

Today I am sharing the last project from My PaperieTreat. I have dragged this out so much I feel.

It needed it to be an easy class by Sunday we are all cream crackered. I learned a lesson last September, when I prepared a more involved last class as our last project and I could literally see the tears in their lovely eyes. This time round we had fun with a few techniques and kept it easy but fun.

Stampin'Up! Postage due duo

I LOVE Postage Due stamp set and I am ashamed to say that I purchased it in November and only inked it last month :(.

Anyway for this project I married two well known techniques, creped filter paper technique and the selective baby wipe technique. Colour combo was Crumb cake, Summer Starfruit, Early Espresso and Island Indigo.

Here’s a close up of the card

Stampin'Up!postage due card close up

I love the stamps that have the matching postage stamp punch in this set!! So easy and the results are so professional looking. What you can not see in the picture is that fabby shimmer spray all over it, we love sparkle.

The box was made with the aid of the Simply Scored board, the Bigz OVal Die was used for the closure and the honeycomb folder used for some added texture. We stamped two sheets using the same techniques, we chose the best one for the card and we turned the second one into a tag to decorate the front of the gift box. Here’s the close up

Stampin'Up!postage due box close up

The natural buttons with the linen thread are a match made in heaven especially with this combo. The sentiments were stamped using the Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched out with the Word Window punch.

Thank you for your visit and for all your lovely emails and comments. It was an amazing event and as a result the weekend of 13-15 September got booked up straight away.  However I am now ready to release some more dates during the week for those that work from home or indeed have some holiday left to take :) Keep your eyes peeled for details of it in tomorrow’s post.

Till then big hugs xxx

Shop Stampin' Up!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx