Friday 14 February 2014

HAPPY LOVE DAY :)

Hello there sweets, its Friday and its Valentine’s Day :)

Look I know that we shouldn’t need a special day to celebrate the ones we love and that just like any occasion  it gets to commercialized  now a days but personally I like the fact that I have something bright to celebrate this time of the year.

And I kind of got used to over the last 12 years to come downstairs and find a sweet something hubby leaves for me before he jets off to work. It puts a smile on my face and sets my day right, only today that smile was quickly wiped off when I managed to spill a whole cup off coffee on my white sofa :(.

Needless to say a good hour and a half was spent trying to get the stain out. I just know it won't come out 100% but the steam cleaner did its job and I am hoping when dry you won’t be able to see much of it.

Anyway here’s the card we made at last class and the card I gave my sweet today.

Stampin'Up! Love you More www.monicagale.com

The LOVE YOU MORE stamp set from the Valentine promotion we had this year is still available until tonight and I love the globe with his fab saying. (Can you see the black mottled background in this photo? these are big fat rain drops, its been wet since the second week of January, I think we had 2 days when it didn’t rain in this period:( )

We used the paper piecing technique to mimic the Earth’s colours(loosely) and created a fancy closure for the card inspired by one of my fave papercrafters Jenni Pauli.

The retro fresh designer paper is TO DIE FOR, I just love the colourway and retro designs in this pack. soft suede, Coastal cabana and Tangerine Tango. a few splats from the trusty Gorgeous Grunge and we were done.

Stampin'Up! Love you More www.monicagale.com 1

We closed the card shut using some thick twine from the FREE SAB selection. :)

So hubby is cooking tonight I heard the word lobster being mentioned then some steak appeared instead :) . Whatever it is I am looking forward to it especially if its followed by a crisp lemon tart for afters :)

Thank you for your visit and I hope you enjoy a lovely evening.

xoxoxoxo

 

Shop Stampin' Up!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx